NYCkayaker (no subject)

Harry Spitz h.spitz@verizon.net
Tue Nov 14 09:15:40 EST 2006

A non paddling friend just sent me the following link.

http://www.clearbluehawaii.com/products/boats/molokini.html

At first I thought that these looked cute, even nice. The clear plastic folder looked almost respectable. But the more I looked the more I realized that these are all swimming pool toys posing as serious sea worthy craft. I think that some of these may be joining the flabby fleet of inflatables out on the Hudson next summer. The paddlers in these images don't wear PFDs or spray skirts. None of these boats have bulk heads and most have no float bladders or inadequate floatation. None of these boats have foot pegs.

OH Boy!