NYCkayaker Solar Power Devices for Paddlers and Rowers

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 14:14:40 EDT 2010

Ahoy'all,

I'm in talks with a solar gear distributor with established manufacturing
ties to make marine radios and navigation lights that are solar powered with
a hand-crank backup. I believe that having such power options for these
devices would significantly increase small boat safety. Naturally all gear
would have to be submersible and rugged.

I have three questions for the list:

1) What marine radio do you believe should be the substrate device an
inspiration for it? Maybe the Standard Horizon
HX4715<http://www.standardhorizon.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=85&encProdID=71726205E5C6EC181DE69A09BC8877EA&DivisionID=3&isArchived=0>
 ?

2) What navigation lights do you believe should be the substrate or
inspiration for this improvement? Maybe
Tektite<http://www.tek-tite.com/src/products.php?c=6>?

3) What other devices would you like to see powered by photovoltaic panels
and hand cranks? Perhaps emergency strobes?

Thanks so much for lending me your brains.

Salty regards,

Erik

FREE APPLE TREES!
www.newtownpippin.org