[NYCkayaker] June 15 and 16: Clearwater Festival! SAVE THE DATE! :)

Donna Stein onnaday@mail.com
Sun Apr 7 23:09:53 EDT 2013

Erik - Thanks for the plug. Glad to see the Working Waterfront is continuing this year via your new HarborLab!

Volunteering at the Working Waterfront use to be a favorite thing to do but nowadays I spend more time at my NYCFC booth. Anyone going to the Clearwater Revival please stop by the Sloop Clubs tent and NYC Friends of Clearwater.

There are eight active sloop clubs founded by Pete Seeger to promote environmental education in their local areas. We are always looking for suggestions for topics & speakers for our monthly gatherings and annual water festival (probably in August this year, still being planned)

Please contact me anytime ... input from this community is always appreciated.

See you on the water soon
Donna

Donna Stein
NYC Friends of Clearwater - Pres
----- Original Message -----
From: Erik Baard
Sent: 04/06/13 03:36 PM
To: kayack, nycwatertrail
Subject: [NYCkayaker] June 15 and 16: Clearwater Festival! SAVE THE DATE! :)

Hello Friends, Please mark your calendars for June 15 and 16, for the Clearwater Festival: Great Hudson River Revival! This is the Hudson River's greatest gathering of paddlers and environmentalists. For me, the Festival and City of Water Day are the two most important dates of the summer for uniting water access with marine ecology. And they both offer camping! More here: http://www.clearwaterfestival.org/ We owe such gratitude to Pete Seeger for his pioneering work for cleaner waters and ecological education, on the Hudson River and nationally. The Clearwater Sloop he built, and the festival of music that bears its name, embody that continuing mission. The Festival is the critical fundraiser for that work. HarborLAB is honored to be the official public paddling partner of the Festival's "Working Waterfront," which thrives with a member of this list, Eric Russel, as a coordinator alongside Hudson Valley Clearwater advocate Stan Dickstein. It's a joyful expression of thanks !
 for past achievements and a commitment to future generations. This is a great chance to meaningfully advance the cause of healthy estuary ecology in all corners of our harbor, from gorgeous preserves to currently toxic channels. See something you love and you want to protect on our harbor? See a pollution problem that must be fixed? Come to the Festival and make your case to the many government agencies, environmental nonprofits, and green businesses who'll be participating! Come out for relaxing fun, music, learning, and camaraderie on clean waters! Best regards, Erik Baard -- Erik Baard The 2011 Greenest New Yorker<http://thebeat.iloveny.com/i-love-new-york-announces-the-2011-greenest-nyer-3604.html> ! LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING! Founder, HarborLAB http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB FREE APPLE TREES! Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration www.newtownpippin.org FREE KAYAKING! Founder, LIC Community Boathouse www.licboathouse.org Your Urban Wilderness Community:!
  www.naturecalendar.com ********************************************************************** The NYCKayaker mailing list is hosted by www.rockandwater.net, and is a public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org To unsubscribe or change delivery options: http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker