[NYCkayaker] April 20-22: Earth Day New York: Extreme Weather and Rising Waters

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 10:48:41 EDT 2013

Good morning, all!

Let's get paddlers and rowers into the Earth Day New York mix as
individuals attending or volunteering, or a group table!

Paddlers and rowers have had a great presence at Earth Day New York in
years past, and this year's theme of "Extreme Weather and Rising Waters" is
particularly important to the communities we serve. I hope you attend the
festivities at both Grand Central and Union Square.

Derails here:

http://www.earthdayny.org/

Earth Day New York informed me that no harbor groups are tabling as yet.
The $400 tabling price is a bit steep for a single paddling group, but it's
very modest for 10 or 20 groups to share through NYC WTA, MWA, NY-NJ Harbor
Coalition, Riverkeeper, or the like. If that makes sense to you, drop me a
note back channel. Also, you can certainly volunteer and bring postcards.

Earth Day New York, my former employer (volunteer manager for a prior
festival), is HarborLAB's fiscal sponsor (the conduit through which we
receive tax deductible donations), and we're very grateful for that
organization's vital help.Earth Day New York also promotes sustainable
design that reduces storm water runoffs.

Best regards,

Erik

The 2011 Greenest New
Yorker<http://thebeat.iloveny.com/i-love-new-york-announces-the-2011-greenest-nyer-3604.html>
!

LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING!
Founder, HarborLAB
http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB

FREE APPLE TREES!
Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration
www.newtownpippin.org

FREE KAYAKING!
Founder, LIC Community Boathouse
www.licboathouse.org