[NYCkayaker] Gratitude from a Whale and what about Right

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 23:46:10 EDT 2013

 whales?

Lee,

Every word I read from you today warmed my heart.

Erik From: davisjanowski@yahoo.com
Sent: =E2=80=8E4/=E2=80=8E12/=E2=80=8E2013 11:13 PM
To: Robert Huszar; Lee Reiser/Leona Fontaine
Cc: NYCkayaker@rockandwater.net; Martin Wellhoefer;
YPRC@listserv.adelphi.edu
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] Gratitude from a Whale and what about Right
whales?
I got chills as well. Humpbacks are amazingly social. We saw some up in New=
foundland last year during vacation. This post reminded me of something I h=
ave wondered about for years too.

Does the population of around 400 Right Whales that live mostly up around B=
oston ever make it down as far south as New York waters? Any offshore kayak=
ers seen one? Or any whales for that often?

They have even put out a grouping of microphones along the shipping lanes t=
o pick up their sounds so that ship warnings can be issued up there.
=C2=A0