[NYCkayaker] Looking for extended-trip ideas in Northeast

Steven Leslie stevenmleslie@yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 14:22:17 EDT 2013

I've begun to research where to take a multi-day kayak camping trip this summer. I'd appreciate any suggestions and trip reports about good spots in the Northeast US/Canada.

This outing will have to be on fresh and generally gentle water since we'll taking small kids. Natural beauty, easily available camping and few, or no, portages are also part of the equation.

Last summer we went to Lake George, which was great until the powerboats showed up for the weekend. The lower Delaware downriver from Port Jervis is nice too, but too short and lacking in camping for this 5-6 day trip.

Saranac Lakes is probably my top pick at the moment, since I ventured out there a few years ago. I'm looking at trip reports on the Adirondacks and upper Connecticut River. Please share any enjoyable experiences you've had.

Thanks,
Steven