[NYCkayaker] Looking for extended-trip ideas in Northeast

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Sun Apr 21 18:09:25 EDT 2013

Steve you must take your family to the Bog river Flow / Low's lake area  .Iv'e paddled the Adirondacks from stem to stern since im a Teen and this is the place I return to over and over again . You'll hardly notice current going in and will slightly help coming out . This photo is from top of Low's ridge with the Bog river down below ,it's an easy with kids in tow 1/2 mile hike up .http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Bog_River_Flow_from_Low's_Ridge,_St_Lawrence_County,_NY.jpg  . It's located between Long lake and Tupper lake . If ya want to just drive up without boats and rent contact Anne Fleck at Raquette River Outfitters in Tupper lakehttp://www.raquetteriveroutfitters.com/aboutus.html , Annes a sweetheart and top notch
outfitters . They will drop off Canoes/kayaks at put in and ya just leave em on beach at take out . Area
has2- 3  pairs of Bald eagles , I was up there last Oct and one pair nesting on southern end of frying pan island had a chick just taking to the air . I  also spotted 3-4 pairs of Loons . This is a non-motorized area so no worries about that . Truly a magical place . Lake Lila close second : ) .

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Leslie <stevenmleslie@yahoo.com>
To: nyckayaker <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Sun, Apr 21, 2013 11:24 am
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Looking for extended-trip ideas in Northeast

I've begun to research where to take a multi-day kayak camping trip this summer.
I'd appreciate any suggestions and trip reports about good spots in the
Northeast US/Canada.

This outing will have to be on fresh and generally gentle water since we'll
taking small kids. Natural beauty, easily available camping and few, or no,
portages are also part of the equation.

Last summer we went to Lake George, which was great until the powerboats showed
up for the weekend. The lower Delaware downriver from Port Jervis is nice too,
but too short and lacking in camping for this 5-6 day trip.

Saranac Lakes is probably my top pick at the moment, since I ventured out there
a few years ago. I'm looking at trip reports on the Adirondacks and upper
Connecticut River. Please share any enjoyable experiences you've had.

Thanks,
Steven
service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail
Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org