[NYCkayaker] kayak race timer arrested yesterday?

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Mon Apr 22 09:45:51 EDT 2013

Apparently this Brain surgeon was on his way to a Kayak water polo event .

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/stunt_bombs_with_cops_at_ny_race_x0TKdeBhdDWiINWBgGyTFP

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Fusco <Ray@rayfuscoinc.com>
To: NYC Water Trail <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>; nyckayaker post <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 6:27 am
Subject: [NYCkayaker] kayak race timer arrested yesterday?

Hi Group,

Does anyone know anything about this?

There was a small incident where police stopped a man on a bike riding against
race traffic with a large backpack. Inside his backpack was a cardboard box with
holes for triggers and a screen with a clock, which had NYPD ready to arrest
him.

In the end, he was a timer on his way to time a kayak race and his timing
equipment was in a box to protect it from weather.   I'm wondering if anyone
might know who this person is and what kind of timing equipment he might have
had?

As far as I know, he was released but some people were upset that he should not
have been in the park riding against a race with everyone on high alert. My
thought is that he probably had no idea about the race.

Ray Fusco
service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail
Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org