[NYCkayaker] {NYCWTA} kayak race timer arrested yesterday?

Nancy Brous nbrous@gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 10:18:54 EDT 2013

i totally agree, agassi.

people who are doing no wrong need to be able to live their lives as
usual - he is a cyclist and this is how he carries things.  it sounds
like his only possible "crime" was riding against traffic in the park.

this was the perfect storm of high alert and someone by chance
carrying something that, having seen it myself (its a little slow!),
looks like what one imagines an incendiary device looks like - timer,
switches, wires, and home-made.
but in spite of looking like something Wile E Coyote would fabricate
to catch the road runner, the "device" is intended for a totally
legitimate use and our cyclist friend has at least 12 people who can
vouch for its actual use as a sprint-timer.

one thing that bothers me is that i fear if he weren't an
english-speaking blue-eyed white guy, he'd be in jail right now or
worse.