[NYCkayaker] {NYCWTA} kayak race timer arrested yesterday?

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Mon Apr 22 11:23:10 EDT 2013

Sorry for calling the name calling I keep forgetting what a sensitive society We live in ,didn't mean to
hurt any feelings . Now back to the incident at hand , in light of last weeks events in Boston , He was stopped for doing something that would raise red flags and NYPD acted accordingly .

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Brous <nbrous@gmail.com>
To: stevepete64 <stevepete64@aol.com>
Cc: Martin Kaminer <martin.kaminer@gmail.com>; nyckayaker** <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>; nyc watertrail list <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2013 8:07 am
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] {NYCWTA} kayak race timer arrested yesterday?

were there signs at every entrance to the park announcing the ban on
bikes and backpacks?
i am a runner and a cyclist yet i was unaware of this ban.  it could
have been me riding to my mom's apartment with a bag on my back.
i agree that nypd did what they should have, including releasing the
guy when they were confident that he was not a threat.

please do not call people names on this list.  he may or may not be a
knucklehead but it's not ours to judge or pronounce.  regardless, this
is not the place for it.
its just a matter of common courtesy.
consider this a respectful request from the list owners.