[NYCkayaker] Petition by NJ boaters on Barnegat Bay

Tom Hart th@tomhartphoto.com
Sun Apr 28 20:26:24 EDT 2013

Not sure how many of you got this extremely long url truncated, but I was
able to find it..

Here's a bitly short url that should work for everyone.

http://chn.ge/160gZa0 .

Best Regards-
Tom Hart

-----Original Message-----
From: NYCKayaker [mailto:nyckayaker-bounces@rockandwater.net] On Behalf Of
Martin Gonzalez
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:36 PM
To: nyckayaker@rockandwater.net
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Petition by NJ boaters on Barnegat Bay

Passing this along should it speak to any of you.  Note from friend: " Would
you please consider signing a petition to make boating safer in NJ.  A
friend from our community lost her husband & her two sons lost their father
in a tragic hit & run boating accident.  The driver of the boat left the
scene & waited at least a day to turn himself in.  The family has decided to
focus on working to improve NJ boating laws for safer & kinder waters in our
state.  Please consider supporting their cause.  Below is the link for this
petition.  Did you know that leaving the scene in an auto accident that
causes serious harm is a 3rd degree felony?  On the water in New Jersey, it
is a $25 summons.  This is wrong and happened to a friend of mine who died
in a boating accident along with two others that were seriously injured.  A
group of NJ boaters on Barnegat Bay has a petition to try to get this
changed with legislation. We have almost approaching 300 signatures but need
many more. Please support us by signing this petition and then passing it to
your friends with a request for their support. Thanks.
https://www.change.org/petitions/nj-boaters-call-on-nj-state-and-ocean-count
y-reps-to-create-laws-on-speed-and-leaving-the-scene-of-an-accident-on-the-w
ater      "

public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River
Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org