[NYCkayaker] [NYC Kayaker] Cold Spring

Lee Reiser/Leona Fontaine lee060@earthlink.net
Wed Aug 7 18:45:45 EDT 2013

Alan,

Tide & Currents for West Point off Duck Island:

Max flood N. on 9/17 +0.8 @ 0755 hrs. Slack @ 1029. Max ebb -1.0 @ 1409 hrs.
on 9/18 +0.9 @ 0902 hrs. Slack @ 1134. Max ebb -1.0 @ 1511 hrs.
Max ebb S. on 9/24 -1.2 @ 0756 hrs. Slack @ 1100. Max flood +1.3 @ 1422 hrs.
on 9/25 -1.0 @ 0840 hrs. Slack @ 1147. Max flood =1.2 @ 1512

+ = Flood (going north)
- = ebb (going south)
Decimals are current knots
Military time (anything in AM before 1200 noon will have a 0 in front)
(any # over 1300 - just subtract 1200 from it for post meridian time - PM)

Data obtained from the NOAA site below, which is an immensely valuable tool for all kayakers. Check it out!

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/currents13

Paddle safe,

Lee