[NYCkayaker] August 25: OMEGA Exploratory Paddle.

Harbor LAB harborlab@gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 16:40:44 EDT 2013

Learning Adventure Boating!
www.harborlab.org
Or find us on Facebook here <http://www.facebook.com/harborlab>!

Hi All,

Come join HarborLAB for a paddle into a possible future for the Newtown
Creek!

During the afternoon of Sunday, August 25, HarborLAB will survey the
Newtown Creek to develop proposals for a very small, floating
photobioreactor. We have a small seed grant coming, which I suppose will go
first to classroom and laboratory work. Many permits and such await field
work, which gives us time to build greater support.

For more information, please read our post:

http://harborlab.org/2013/08/16/join-the-omega-exploratory-paddle/

This trip is for adults in enclosed cockpit kayaks, canoes, and rowboats.
Please, no minors or participants in stand-up paddle boards or sit-on-top
kayaks as we might venture along inland reaches where water quality is very
poor. We must also set course to avoid the potential hazard of aeration
mists. On the bright side, there'll likelty be ice cream involved!

Best regards,