[NYCkayaker] Sunday September 8: Third Annual PADDLE FOR THE CURE

Nancy Brous nbrous@gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 12:14:54 EDT 2013

The 3rd annual Paddle for the Cure is just 2 weeks away!

Sunday September 8 the Hudson River Watertrail Association (owner of
the nyckayaker email list and parent org of the NYC Water Trail
Association) will host the event:   an 11 mile current-assisted
"poker paddle" north from Peekskill to Cold Spring, which is one of
the most beautiful sections of the Hudson River.

All proceeds go to the Support Connection (supportconnection.org)
which provides support services to women who suffer from breast and
ovarian cancers.

Your entry fee includes a donation to the cause, breakfast, water, a
picnic lunch, and a quick-dry reflective paddling cap with the
now-famous Mike Samuel-designed PfC logo.  The trip is north-bound
this year, and the after party will be at Dockside in Cold Spring and
will feature live music and the chance to demo SUPs and whitehall
rowing, plus we'll have local beer available to wash down the picnic
treats.

We have discounted rental kayaks available from our partner groups -
just $25 delivered to the start, and sit-on-top boats can be arranged
by request for a nominal fee, so if you don't have a car or don't want
to schlep your boat you can avail yourself of one of these options and
easily get there and back to the city by train - start and finish are
in close proximity to Metronorth stations.

We're hoping to raise more money than ever for the cause this year, so
come join us in paddling for the cure!

info and registration at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/381270