[NYCkayaker] Interesting workshop - Alternatives to Combined Sewer Overflows (for cleaner water- duh!)

Marcos Dinnerstein marcos.dinnerstein@gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 20:07:31 EST 2013

Hi all,

The workshop certainly pertains to our interest in the health of the New
York area waters. I plan on going. (Party!) Here's the info:

*LONG TERM CONTROL PLAN: CITYWIDE MODELING WORKSHOP *Thursday, February 28,
2013 at US Customs House, Auditorium, 1 Bowling Green from 6:00pm - 8:00pm.
The New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is
co-hosting a citywide workshop to present and review the modeling processes
that will be used to test potential alternatives identified as part of the
Long Term Control Plan (LTCP) Program with the New York State Department of
Environmental Conservation (DEC).  At the workshop, DEP and DEC staff will
review the Watershed/Landside and Hydrodynamic/Water Quality models and the
proposed baseline assumptions for evaluating the benefits of CSO control
alternatives.   Also, DEP and DEC staff will be available to answer any
questions you may have.

Marcos
--
Marcos Dinnerstein