[NYCkayaker] Prescription sunglasses for canoeing/kayaking--Suggestions?

Bunita Marcus b@bunitamarcus.com
Tue Feb 12 13:36:25 EST 2013

My car was broken into and I lost my RayBan prescription sunglasses.  I need to purchase new sunglasses and want something that is protective for the water--since that's where I use them.  Does anyone know of info or articles on this subject?  What brand prescription sunglasses have you used successfully?  What colors are best for being in a canoe with light from above and below?  Would anyone recommend a particular optometrist for this?  My old RayBans were over $400. with the lenses. (Seemed a bit expensive.)  I'm in Brooklyn, 60 years old and have the beginnings of cataracts.  Thanks, Bunita