[NYCkayaker] Prescription sunglasses for canoeing/kayaking--Suggestions?

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Tue Feb 12 14:34:03 EST 2013

Here's a link to frames direct  Their prices seem to be fare . open link then go to left column menu
and click on best prescription sunglasses , most major brands are there including Ray-Ban .

-----Original Message-----
From: Bunita Marcus <b@bunitamarcus.com>
To: nyckayaker <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Tue, Feb 12, 2013 1:37 pm
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Prescription sunglasses for canoeing/kayaking--Suggestions?

My car was broken into and I lost my RayBan prescription sunglasses.  I need to
purchase new sunglasses and want something that is protective for the
water--since that's where I use them.  Does anyone know of info or articles on
this subject?  What brand prescription sunglasses have you used successfully?
What colors are best for being in a canoe with light from above and below?
Would anyone recommend a particular optometrist for this?  My old RayBans were
over $400. with the lenses. (Seemed a bit expensive.)  I'm in Brooklyn, 60 years
old and have the beginnings of cataracts.  Thanks, Bunita

service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail
Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org