[NYCkayaker] Prescription sunglasses for canoeing/kayaking--Suggestions?

Elizabeth Powers elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 14:43:14 EST 2013

You can always try 39 Dollar Glasses: http://www.39dollarglasses.com/

They have lots of neat styles.

EP

________________________________
 From: Bunita Marcus <b@bunitamarcus.com>
To: nyckayaker@rockandwater.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:36 PM
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Prescription sunglasses for canoeing/kayaking--Suggestions?

My car was broken into and I lost my RayBan prescription sunglasses.  I need to purchase new sunglasses and want something that is protective for the water--since that's where I use them.  Does anyone know of info or articles on this subject?  What brand prescription sunglasses have you used successfully?  What colors are best for being in a canoe with light from above and below?  Would anyone recommend a particular optometrist for this?  My old RayBans were over $400. with the lenses. (Seemed a bit expensive.)  I'm in Brooklyn, 60 years old and have the beginnings of cataracts.  Thanks, Bunita