[NYCkayaker] Mitsuwa cleanup

Elizabeth Powers elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 17:36:31 EST 2013


Okay, Marcos, I am with you, as soon as we can get boats out of the Boathouse.

EP


________________________________
 From: Marcos Dinnerstein <marcos.dinnerstein@gmail.com>
To: nyckayaker@rockandwater.net 
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] NYCKayaker Digest, Vol 90, Issue 21
 
OK folks. I gone & done it. I volunteered to be a leader for the RiverSweep
at Mitsuwa. Anyone who'd like to co-lead this with me would be welcomed
with open arms. (if that's too repulsive then I'd promise to keep them
closed)

It would be great if we could get a raft of kayakers, a peck of paddlers,
etc. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collective_nouns> (I'm really
partial to a 'fesnyng of ferrets') to make Mitsuwa beach nice and tidy
before the Spring / Summer season.

This could be great fun!

Marcos

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Marcos Dinnerstein <
marcos.dinnerstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps there is a merchant organization at Mitsuwa that would be
> interested in publicizing / participating in this event. Just a thought...
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM, <nyckayaker-request@rockandwater.net>wrote:
>
>> Send NYCKayaker mailing list submissions to
>>        nyckayaker@rockandwater.net
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>        http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>        nyckayaker-request@rockandwater.net
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>        nyckayaker-owner@rockandwater.net
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of NYCKayaker digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1.  RiverSweep at Mitsuwa? (Nancy Brous)
>>    2. Re:  RiverSweep at Mitsuwa? (Kevin Kehoe)
>>    3. Re:  RiverSweep at Mitsuwa? (Elizabeth Powers)
>>    4.  National Watertrails System (skimmer)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:18:02 -0500
>> From: Nancy Brous <nbrous@gmail.com>
>> To: "nyckayaker**" <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>,       nyc watertrail
>> list
>>         <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>
>> Cc: Dana Gulley <DGulley@riverkeeper.org>
>> Subject: [NYCkayaker] RiverSweep at Mitsuwa?
>> Message-ID:
>>         <
>> CAOwVst7E_HBsfCkCG38RxydRPqdk4OPfuram8W+OW56ojKuygg@mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>>
>> Elizabeth Powers asked here if RiverSweep might include a cleanup of the
>> beach at Mitsuwa.  I asked Riverkeeper, since the site is outside NY
>> state.
>>  The reply was that, since it is the bank of the Hudson Rover, they would
>> be happy to support a cleanup there.
>> So does anyone know of a community group that might want to take this on?
>>  Remember, it needn't be a boating org, just a group that cares about the
>> river and the environment can gather some dedicated volunteers for the
>> task.
>> Dana might be able to help facilitate and while I have a conflicting event
>> that day I would also do what I could to help in advance.
>> If you know of any group who might be interested, lease contact ma and or
>> Dana back-channel (she is cc'd here).
>> thanks-
>> NB
>> hrwa/nyctwa
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:16:43 -0500
>> From: "Kevin Kehoe" <kfkehoe@verizon.net>
>> To: "'Nancy Brous'" <nbrous@gmail.com>, "'nyckayaker**'"
>>         <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>,  "'nyc watertrail list'"
>>         <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>
>> Cc: 'Dana Gulley' <DGulley@riverkeeper.org>
>> Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] RiverSweep at Mitsuwa?
>> Message-ID: <001501ce0eee$cd700900$68501b00$@net>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>>
>> Perhaps Hoboken Community Boathouse?
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: NYCKayaker [mailto:nyckayaker-bounces@rockandwater.net] On Behalf
>> Of
>> Nancy Brous
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:18 PM
>> To: nyckayaker**; nyc watertrail list
>> Cc: Dana Gulley
>> Subject: [NYCkayaker] RiverSweep at Mitsuwa?
>>
>> Elizabeth Powers asked here if RiverSweep might include a cleanup of the
>> beach at Mitsuwa.  I asked Riverkeeper, since the site is outside NY
>> state.
>>  The reply was that, since it is the bank of the Hudson Rover, they would
>> be
>> happy to support a cleanup there.
>> So does anyone know of a community group that might want to take this on?
>>  Remember, it needn't be a boating org, just a group that cares about the
>> river and the environment can gather some dedicated volunteers for the
>> task.
>> Dana might be able to help facilitate and while I have a conflicting event
>> that day I would also do what I could to help in advance.
>> If you know of any group who might be interested, lease contact ma and or
>> Dana back-channel (she is cc'd here).
>> thanks-
>> NB
>> hrwa/nyctwa
>> **********************************************************************
>> The NYCKayaker mailing list is hosted by www.rockandwater.net, and is a
>> public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River
>> Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org
>>
>> To unsubscribe or change delivery options:
>> http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:01:02 -0800 (PST)
>> From: Elizabeth Powers <elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com>
>> To: Kevin Kehoe <kfkehoe@verizon.net>, "'Nancy Brous'"
>>         <nbrous@gmail.com>,     "'nyckayaker**'" <
>> nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>,
>>         "'nyc watertrail list'" <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>
>> Cc: 'Dana Gulley' <DGulley@riverkeeper.org>
>> Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] RiverSweep at Mitsuwa?
>> Message-ID:
>>         <1361329262.8292.YahooMailNeo@web160205.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>>
>> I know of people from DTBH who would probably like to do this, but if
>> anyone else is interested let me know, and I will get in touch with Nancy
>> or Dana.
>>
>> EP
>>
>>
>> ________________________________
>>  From: Kevin Kehoe <kfkehoe@verizon.net>
>> To: 'Nancy Brous' <nbrous@gmail.com>; 'nyckayaker**' <
>> nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>; 'nyc watertrail list' <
>> nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>
>> Cc: 'Dana Gulley' <DGulley@riverkeeper.org>
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:16 PM
>> Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] RiverSweep at Mitsuwa?
>>
>> Perhaps Hoboken Community Boathouse?
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: NYCKayaker [mailto:nyckayaker-bounces@rockandwater.net] On Behalf
>> Of
>> Nancy Brous
>> Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:18 PM
>> To: nyckayaker**; nyc watertrail list
>> Cc: Dana Gulley
>> Subject: [NYCkayaker] RiverSweep at Mitsuwa?
>>
>> Elizabeth Powers asked here if RiverSweep might include a cleanup of the
>> beach at Mitsuwa.? I asked Riverkeeper, since the site is outside NY
>> state.
>> The reply was that, since it is the bank of the Hudson Rover, they would
>> be
>> happy to support a cleanup there.
>> So does anyone know of a community group that might want to take this on?
>> Remember, it needn't be a boating org, just a group that cares about the
>> river and the environment can gather some dedicated volunteers for the
>> task.
>> Dana might be able to help facilitate and while I have a conflicting event
>> that day I would also do what I could to help in advance.
>> If you know of any group who might be interested, lease contact ma and or
>> Dana back-channel (she is cc'd here).
>> thanks-
>> NB
>> hrwa/nyctwa
>> **********************************************************************
>> The NYCKayaker mailing list is hosted by www.rockandwater.net, and is a
>> public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River
>> Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org
>>
>> To unsubscribe or change delivery options:
>> http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker
>>
>> **********************************************************************
>> The NYCKayaker mailing list is hosted by www.rockandwater.net, and is a
>> public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River
>> Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org
>>
>> To unsubscribe or change delivery options:
>> http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 09:10:18 -0500
>> From: "skimmer" <skimmer@enter.net>
>> To: <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>, "'Robert Huszar'"
>>         <r-huszar@panix.com>
>> Subject: [NYCkayaker] National Watertrails System
>> Message-ID: <000301ce0f74$04141110$0c3c3330$@net>
>> Content-Type: text/plain;       charset="us-ascii"
>>
>> New National Water Trails System Website Rolled Out
>> You can now experience the new National Water Trails System through an
>> interactive website that connects users to rivers and waterways through
>> stories and tools.
>> Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar announced the new National Water
>> Trails System in February 2012, with the objective of creating a national
>> network of exemplary water trails that are cooperatively supported and
>> sustained. Nine National Water Trails have been designated across the
>> United
>> States.
>> The Rivers, Trails and Conservation Assistance program and the Denver
>> Service Center are continuing work on "Call to Action" item 12, "Follow
>> the
>> Flow," by partnering to develop the new website, which will improve
>> communication with current and potential water trail managers and with
>> recreational trail users.
>> Water trail managers can apply for designation through an easy online
>> application, and visitors can learn more about designated trails through a
>> photo gallery, dynamic stories, and videos. An interactive map and new
>> search functions make it easy for users to find national water trails
>> throughout the country.
>> Visit the new site at www.nps.gov/watertrails.
>>
>>
>>
>> Received Wednesday, 2/20/13
>>
>> Chuck Sutherland
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Subject: Digest Footer
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> NYCKayaker mailing list
>> NYCKayaker@rockandwater.net
>> http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> End of NYCKayaker Digest, Vol 90, Issue 21
>> ******************************************
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Marcos Dinnerstein
> Cell: 917-334-3558




-- 
Marcos Dinnerstein
Cell: 917-334-3558
**********************************************************************
The NYCKayaker mailing list is hosted by www.rockandwater.net, and is a public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org

To unsubscribe or change delivery options:
http://www.rockandwater.net/mailman/listinfo/nyckayaker


More information about the NYCKayaker mailing list