[NYCkayaker] The River is Free of Ice

Rick Langer farreach@optonline.net
Sun Feb 24 13:41:12 EST 2013

I paddle out of Cold Spring every day, so if anyone wants a report base on
actual experience, just contact me via back channel.

Even though it's warming up, that doesn't always mean less ice.  I reported
yesterday that there was very little ice, but today the jetsam/flotsam band
was loaded with ice, which made navigation rather difficult and other than
just a few places to cross it was not navigable.

rick