[NYCkayaker] Interesting Webinar

Baidarka Dreamer holzlegacy@gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:11:14 EST 2013

I came across this announcement from my professional engineering
society.  Thought it might be of interest to NYC paddlers.

Bill Leonhardt

FREE Webinar: Tapping the Power of Flowing Water

FREE Webinar: Tapping the Power of Flowing Water

Susan Skemp, Southeast National Marine Renewable Energy Center, and
Jonathan Colby, Verdant Power, will take you on a deep dive into
hydrokinetic projects underway in New York Harbor and the Gulf Stream.
You'll learn about the engineering behind each technology,
environmental constraints, and the challenges associated with
licensing.

ASME Energy Forum is a new, year-long multimedia series that explores
the technical aspects and workings of a broad range of energy sources
and related technologies. From solar power and hydrokinetics to fuel
cell vehicles and wind farms, you'll get leading expert perspectives
on how these energy sources work, the technical issues and challenges,
and the economic implications for businesses.

Register now: go.asme.org/energyforum

Start Date: February 14, 2013 2:00 PM EST (19:00 UTC)
End Date: February 14, 2013 3:00 PM EST (20:00 UTC)
Cost: Free

ASME Energy Forum asme.org

ASME Energy Forum is a new, year-long multi-media series that explores
the technical aspects and workings of a broad range of energy sources
and related technologies. From solar power and hydro to fuel cell
vehicles and wind...

18 hours ago