[NYCkayaker] Cars good for carrying kayaks?

Lyn Goldsmith lyn.goldsmith@gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 15:17:54 EST 2013

Hi Alexandra,

I have a Hyundai Elantra Touring(sold in Europe   Spent months researching
which car to buy and gas mileage was on top of my list.  I get about 27 mpg
on the highway with 2 kayaks on the car going 80+ miles an hour.  Without
kayaks and going the speed limit I've seen up to 34 mpg.   I love the car,
it's very reasonably priced with a great warranty and I think it's kind of
cute.
Much more room for gear than any comparable car.  It's fun to drive and has
lots of nifty features.

Am glad to take you for a spin some weekend.

Best,
Lyn