[NYCkayaker] Fwd: ferry horn blowback

Joao de Souza cyclinglemur@gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 13:59:20 EDT 2013

This rule was pretty much completely ignored until very recently.  I
started taking the East River Ferry in February 2012, and didn't start
hearing the horns until the past month or so.  Not just the ERF, but the
Water Taxi @ Dumbo and Seastreak @ 34th street didn't use their horns
either.  Now I'm starting to hear it quite frequently, but not at 100%
frequency.  Some pilots use them, others don't.

There is a sign at Dumbo saying they must use them whenever departing the
pier.  Don't remember seeing a similar sign at 34th street.