[NYCkayaker] Fwd: ferry horn blowback

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Tue Jul 2 22:46:30 EDT 2013

I always keep a set of earplugs on hand when one of My Pals are sawing wood in the tent . I'm sure
they'll work for Boat horns , bells and whatever else is botherin ya : )

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Brous <nbrous@gmail.com>
To: nyc watertrail list <nyc-water-trail@googlegroups.com>; nyckayaker** <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>; Pier63holdtrips <pier63holdtrips@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 2, 2013 11:38 am
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Fwd: ferry horn blowback

I am outraged that people can be this selfish, expecting ferries to
flout safety regulations so they can live with a waterfront view but
not be "disturbed" by the sounds of a waterfront.  Why should ferry
captains, passengers, and other mariners be put in danger so these
privileged people with the waterfront luxury apartments can sleep in?

I encourage all who are concerned about maritime safety to comment
here, and i'm not on facebook but it seems you may be able to make
some noise (pun intended) there as well.

http://www.batterypark.tv/featured-residents/letter-help-stop-the-ferry-boat-horns.html
service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail
Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org