[NYCkayaker] Plum Point to Annsville Trip July 6th in honor of my Mother's passing

Lee Reiser/Leona Fontaine lee060@earthlink.net
Thu Jul 4 10:57:48 EDT 2013

 Hi all,
 It is with much sadness that I report my Mother's passing. This trip will go on as scheduled in memory of her.
I know all of you have plans for this  busy weekend, but if you can attend your prescence will be gratly appreciated.

Lee Reiser

Plum Point to Annsville Trip, July 6th
IMO,  the most spectacular scenery on the Hudson right through the Hudson Highlands.

Intermediate to advanced ONLY
All day into evening event.
15 miles down river - shuttle back to cars.

Own sea kayak & all proper gear required.
(Spray Skirt,  Whistle, Water - 3 liters minimum, Food, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Hat, Good Water Shoes)
Extra Paddle & VHF Radio advisable.

Meet 9:00 AM at Atlantic Kayak Tours Paddlesport Center, Annsville Circle - Rtes. 9 & 202.
Leave  some cars @ AKT & bring Kayaks to Plum Point, New Windsor- Koaweesee area off Rte 9W north by 9:30.
Launch @ 10:00 AM with tide.

See Pollopel (Bannerman's Island).
Procede south along eastern shore past Storm King/Breakneck Mtns., Little Stony Point Beach, Crow's Nest, Cold Spring, West Point, Conn Hook,
Bear Mtn. Bridge, Iona Marsh to Annsville ( arrive early evening).
Possible Crossings of Hudson River.
Possible side trips into Popolopen Gorge, Iona Marsh, base of Storm King.
Great swim spots along the way.
Nice Lunch Stop Planned.

Dinner at Restaurant in eve optional.

Please inform me if you are attending/canceling/need more info.
914-374-7954
or back channel
Lee Reiser