[NYCkayaker] Plum Point to Annsville Trip July 6th in honor of my Mother's passing

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Thu Jul 4 15:46:43 EDT 2013

My Condolences

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Reiser/Leona Fontaine <lee060@earthlink.net>
To: YPRC <YPRC@listserv.adelphi.edu>; NYCkayaker <NYCkayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Thu, Jul 4, 2013 10:59 am
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Plum Point to Annsville Trip July 6th in honor of my Mother's passing

 Hi all,
 It is with much sadness that I report my Mother's passing. This trip will go on
as scheduled in memory of her.
I know all of you have plans for this  busy weekend, but if you can attend your
prescence will be gratly appreciated.

Lee Reiser

Plum Point to Annsville Trip, July 6th
IMO,  the most spectacular scenery on the Hudson right through the Hudson
Highlands.

Intermediate to advanced ONLY
All day into evening event.
15 miles down river - shuttle back to cars.

Own sea kayak & all proper gear required.
(Spray Skirt,  Whistle, Water - 3 liters minimum, Food, Sunscreen, Sunglasses,
Hat, Good Water Shoes)
Extra Paddle & VHF Radio advisable.

Meet 9:00 AM at Atlantic Kayak Tours Paddlesport Center, Annsville Circle -
Rtes. 9 & 202.
Leave  some cars @ AKT & bring Kayaks to Plum Point, New Windsor- Koaweesee area
off Rte 9W north by 9:30.
Launch @ 10:00 AM with tide.

See Pollopel (Bannerman's Island).
Procede south along eastern shore past Storm King/Breakneck Mtns., Little Stony
Point Beach, Crow's Nest, Cold Spring, West Point, Conn Hook,
Bear Mtn. Bridge, Iona Marsh to Annsville ( arrive early evening).
Possible Crossings of Hudson River.
Possible side trips into Popolopen Gorge, Iona Marsh, base of Storm King.
Great swim spots along the way.
Nice Lunch Stop Planned.

Dinner at Restaurant in eve optional.

Please inform me if you are attending/canceling/need more info.
914-374-7954
or back channel
Lee Reiser

service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River Watertrail
Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org