[NYCkayaker] Water Quality

Nancy Brous nbrous@gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:16:09 EDT 2013

donating to help support the program, please visit
www.nycwatertrail.org

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:05:40 -0400
From: rob buchanan <avironvoile@gmail.com>To: Peter
<priley347@gmail.com>, nyckayaker
        <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] Water Quality

The NYC Water Trail Association and The River Project have teamed up on a
Citizens Water Quality Testing Program which is now in its second year.
During the boating season we test weekly for sewage-indicating bacteria at
about 30 spots in the harbor, most of them current or potential boat
launches.

Check the map interface here, as well as the tables showing results at all
our sites so far this season and last:

http://www.nycwatertrail.org/water_quality.html

Rob Buchanan, Steering Committee, NYC WTA