[NYCkayaker] "Watershed Wonder Tours." in the news.

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 21:06:00 EDT 2013

Sorry, that's "one LIC school." I omitted the noun.

Erik

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Harbor LAB
Sent: 7/11/2013 6:53 PM
To: nyckayaker@rockandwater.net
Subject: [NYCkayaker] "Watershed Wonder Tours." in the news.
Learning Adventure Boating!
www.harborlab.org
Or find us on Facebook here <http://www.facebook.com/harborlab>!

A great write up on HarborLAB's coming "Watershed Wonder Tours," published
by DNAinfo:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130711/long-island-city/city-kids-go-straight-source-on-catskills-watershed-tours

THE TRANSPORTATION GRANT APPLICATION IS DUE JULY 15:

http://www.nycwatershed.org/pdfs/BusTourRFP_000.pdf

The NYC DEP recommends that educators, paddling and ecological
organizations, and community groups focus programs on learning about how
forests clean and protect our water when applying for this grant. Keep in
mind that you can also use this grant to visit other reservoirs, though
Neversink is the only one with a free public fleet. We're dipping a paddle
in the water in 2013 and really splashing down in 2014. One LIC has written
to that they've already applied, and another is interested, but this is for
all of NYC (and our country cousins)!  :)

Best regards,

Erik Baard
Founder, Executive Director
a public service offered to the kayaking community by the Hudson River
Watertrail Association. Learn more about HRWA at www.hrwa.org