[NYCkayaker] The East River Revamp » The Epoch Times

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 11:36:56 EDT 2013

Too funny. I remember the crazy painting sessions we put together in 2005
(and a few more until 2007) to identify our boats. People of all ages with
everything from brushes to q-tips. The Friends of Brook Park inspired that
idea. I guess we're all published artists now!   :)

Another early LIC Community Boathouse initiative, along with Rob Buchanan,
was a "protest luau" on the beach to promote access in a cheeky way. Good
times.

There's no doubt an official beach would be a NYC signature in no time.

Best regards,

Erik

Founder, LIC Community Boathouse

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Sandra Sobanski <dragonsandy1@yahoo.com>wrote:

> There is a great rendering of how great the beach can be under the
> Brooklyn Bridge on the East River in The Epoch Times. They even have a LIC
> boathouse kayak there on the beach....
> (And....Don't forget Manhattan Henge today and tomorrow.)
> http://m.theepochtimes.com/n3/169228-east-river-gets-its-chance/

The 2011 Greenest New
Yorker<http://thebeat.iloveny.com/i-love-new-york-announces-the-2011-greenest-nyer-3604.html>
!

LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING!
Founder, HarborLAB
http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB

FREE APPLE TREES!
Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration
www.newtownpippin.org

FREE KAYAKING!
Founder, LIC Community Boathouse
www.licboathouse.org