[NYCkayaker] Coast guard response to Battery TV

Elizabeth Powers elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 13:04:35 EDT 2013

I could have sworn I saw his name in the print edition, but I was reading over someone's shoulder.

E/

________________________________
 From: Erik Baard <erikbaard@gmail.com>
To: Vladimir Brezina <vladimir.brezina@gmail.com>
Cc: Elizabeth Powers <elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com>; nyckayaker post <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>; L Bleich <kayakmidwifelb@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] Coast guard response to Battery TV

Seems to be a hot topic. The Guggenheim Museum commissioned me to write a creative essay on the topic last year:

http://naturecalendar.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/peace-by-the-decibel/

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Vladimir Brezina <vladimir.brezina@gmail.com> wrote:

It's an article about noise pollution in the city, and discusses in depth a
>number of situations. But ferry noise is not one of them. (Helicopter noise
>in lower Manhattan is discussed, however.)
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/nyregion/behind-citys-painful-din-culprits-high-and-low.html?hp
>

>On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Elizabeth Powers <
>elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Wolfgang Gabler made it to the front page of the New York Times today. I
>> was on the subway and peering over a fellow traveler's shoulder when I
>> noticed an item, below the fold, on the noise at the commotion at the
>> Battery. I don't get the newspaper. Perhaps someone can post the link?
>>
>> E/
>>

>> ________________________________

The 2011 Greenest New Yorker!

LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING!
Founder, HarborLAB
http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB

FREE APPLE TREES!
Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration
www.newtownpippin.org

FREE KAYAKING!
Founder, LIC Community Boathouse
www.licboathouse.org