[NYCkayaker] {NYCWTA} Fw: Re: 100 mile paddle race Kingston to Manhattan this weekend

Jack Gilman hudsonsb@yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 06:23:39 EDT 2013

Hi -

60 miles in one day is ambitious for sure. Lots of that will be into a flood, and if there is a summertime south wind they got their work cut out for them.

And can you imagine how the racers will get strung out on the water? Pretty much everyone will be paddling alone. A fustercluck for a support staff.

The outriggers should smoke it, but we'll see how the SUP'ers do.

What is an average cruising pace of a SUP?

Can't imagine standing for that length of time, but that's just me...

jack

* Check out the Yonkers Paddling & Rowing Club
online at www.yprc.org.
See you on the river!