[NYCkayaker] Nick Paumgarten: The Sounds of Battery Park City : The New Yorker

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:25:15 EDT 2013

  Hi All,

I smelled a fun and illuminating story about our harbor when the horn issue
first popped up on our lists, but given my sponsors and identification as
an urban paddler, I knew I couldn't pitch it for myself. Instead I
informed my editor at the New Yorker, Susan Morrison, who assigned it to
Nick, who is a paddler on the Sound and elsewhere. Sympathetic but not
conflicted. I gave him contacts for the cast of characters and I'm glad
that Nancy landed the spotlight!

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2013/07/29/130729ta_talk_paumgarten

Sent from my Windows Phone