[NYCkayaker] Cardboard Kayak Race

Christopher Schiffner chris@schiffner.com
Mon Jul 22 20:07:54 EDT 2013

Hey everyone. Last Saturday a bunch of local paddlers took part in a
cardboard kayak race at Governors Island. Participants built and
ultimately paddled boats made of cardboard and tape. It was lots of fun
seeing all the wild creations! Many of you made it out to Governors
Island for City of Water Day and got to see the event first hand. For
those of you that we're unable to make it out, or those of you that
we're actually paddling a cardboard boat, I took video of all the heats
and championship round.
You can check out the video here:
http://www.schiffner.com/videos/?a=v&v=ZqqkoKnhz2s&pg=1

--