[NYCkayaker] Cardboard Kayak Race

Elizabeth Powers elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 21:33:46 EDT 2013

Thanks! That was absolutely hilarious.

________________________________
 From: Christopher Schiffner <chris@schiffner.com>
To: nyckayaker <NYCkayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 8:07 PM
Subject: [NYCkayaker] Cardboard Kayak Race

Hey everyone. Last Saturday a bunch of local paddlers took part in a cardboard kayak race at Governors Island. Participants built and ultimately paddled boats made of cardboard and tape. It was lots of fun seeing all the wild creations! Many of you made it out to Governors Island for City of Water Day and got to see the event first hand. For those of you that we're unable to make it out, or those of you that we're actually paddling a cardboard boat, I took video of all the heats and championship round.
You can check out the video here: http://www.schiffner.com/videos/?a=v&v=ZqqkoKnhz2s&pg=1

-- Regards,
Christopher Schiffner