[NYCkayaker] Pine Barrens/Mullica River Trip

Lee Reiser/Leona Fontaine lee060@earthlink.net
Sun Jul 28 09:29:35 EDT 2013

ALL ARE INVITED TO ATTEND ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
BEGINNERS WELCOME. RESERVE A BOAT NOW. YPRC MEMBERS WILL HAVE FIRST CHOICE OF BOATS.

On Saturday AUG. 3rd (rain date the 4th), I will be leading a day trip down the Mullica River in the Pine Barrens of South NJ. We will be launching from just south of Rte. 206 and the Atsion (AT-zine) Ranger Station
 This will be a one way downstream trip 12 miles of this gently meandering creek. You'll think your either paddling in the deep south or in some other country, for this river is considered by many to have the best scenery in the entire area!

Sea kayaks will not work here, so I will be trailering some small creek boats. Andy Laiosa & I can provide up to 12 of these boats, or bring your own if you have one. We plan on launching at 10:00 AM and spending about 6-8 hrs. float time with plenty of breaks thrown in. You will need to bring water and lunch, as well as a  PFD & paddle and 1 or 2 small dry bags for the Mullica. Pack light, as the boats do not have much storage area.

If interested, contact me back channel.
If I am supplying a creek boat or transporting your own kayak for you, please consider a $20 donation for my gas & tolls.
Any Non-YPRC Member is required to pay an additional $10 fee for use of the YPRC Trailer (YPRC Plicy - $10 check made to same OK).

Directions:
PACK CAR NIGHT BEFORE & CARPOOL IF CAN.
Roughly a 2 hr. drive from the GWB).
GWB to I-95 South (or GSP to I-95 South)
{I-95 South is the NJ Turnpike}
NJ Turnpike to exit 7 for Rt. 206 South.
Roughly 25-30 miles to Atsion, NJ.
Just past Atsion Ranger Station on your left,
look for the bridge over the Mullica River.
Just past the bridge, look for a dirt road on your left.
This is the launch.

Check out www.piney power.com for much info on this unique area.

Lee Reiser
H: 845-352-0162