[NYCkayaker] NYC DEP Strategic Plan Update Survey

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 13:50:26 EDT 2013

>From Commissioner Strickland:

Dear Colleagues:

In 2011, the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
released *Strategy
2011-2014<http://www.nyc.gov/html/dep/html/about_dep/dep_strategic_plan.shtml>
*, DEP’s strategic plan which established 100 initiatives for the agency
under four core strategic functions.  Subsequently, DEP has released two
progress reports on the goals set forth in *Strategy 2011-2014* that
demonstrate DEP’s commitment to the plan.  Since the release of the plan,
DEP has achieved 57 of the initiatives, partially achieved 30 initiatives,
and has initiated 13 more.  And we expect to achieve a significant portion
of the remaining initiatives before the end of 2013.

At the beginning of 2014 we plan to develop a revised version of the
strategic plan.  While the plan will include actionable initiatives over a
three to four year time period, it will anticipate strategic shifts and
needs over longer timeframes (10, 20, and 50 years) as did the founders of
the New York City water system.  Over the next six months we will be
seeking input from our internal and external stakeholders to develop and
enhance our strategic goals.  You and your organization are important
stakeholders in our community and we want your help updating DEP’s
strategic plan by giving us your feedback in DEP’s Strategic Plan Update
Survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RCHMe-PZCBA3zzEcA-CHQ1K70Y5j0gv1W-uvcnAR-ME/viewform>
.

Please take some time over the next few weeks to complete the survey and
feel free to share it with your peers.  We would also be happy to speak
with you in person about what DEP can do to be the safest, most efficient,
cost-effective, resilient, and transparent water utility in the nation.

Click here to complete the
survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RCHMe-PZCBA3zzEcA-CHQ1K70Y5j0gv1W-uvcnAR-ME/viewform>
.

Regards, Carter

*Carter H. Strickland, Jr. | **Commissioner **| NYC Environmental Protection
*

*(O) 718 595 6565 | (M) 347 844 2544 |
cstrickland@dep.nyc.gov<Email@dep.nyc.gov>
*

The 2011 Greenest New
Yorker<http://thebeat.iloveny.com/i-love-new-york-announces-the-2011-greenest-nyer-3604.html>
!

LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING!
Founder, HarborLAB
http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB

FREE APPLE TREES!
Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration
www.newtownpippin.org

FREE KAYAKING!
Founder, LIC Community Boathouse
www.licboathouse.org