[NYCkayaker] Fw: Guide & Dock help for the Newark River Celebration This Weekend

Lee Reiser/Leona Fontaine lee060@earthlink.net
Mon Jul 29 18:44:12 EDT 2013

 I received this from the Gowanus Dredgers and as First Mate of the organization, I am forwarding this to all clubs  in the Metro area to see if you can help this new organization out. I would help out, but I have a long scheduled trip for the Mullica River this weekend.
Lee Reiser

Dear Kayakers,
    I am writing from Newark Riverfront Revival (www.newarksriver.wordpress.com), where we are trying to reconnect Newark and Newarkers to their river.

    We looking for help for our August 3 Newark River Celebration, where we will open our first public boat dock on the Passaic River.

    We have secured 10 kayaks for the day, but are looking for someone or some people who are able to oversee the use of the kayaks and the docks. Everyone is excted by the idea of allowing members of the public to go out on the water, but we don't have any experienced kayakers among us.

    While we don't have a large budget, we'd be happy to cover transportation costs and provide a modest honorarium.

thank you,
Damon Rich
damon@damonrich.net
and