[NYCkayaker] Local Fiberglass okoume plywood Supplies

William haawill@yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 08:22:22 EDT 2013

   My wooden paddle is in desperate need of upkeep/repairs so I need to buy epoxy and fiberglass.
  CLC kayaks kits use MAS epoxy. Anyone with experience with this stuff? Or is there better?
Looking for Fort Lee, NJ area local suppliers.

I'm also looking for Okoume plywood since I've been wanting to build a wooden stich&Glue kayak.
Once again, looking for local suppliers, on both sides of the Hudson.

Plywood thickness in  millimeters approx.
inches   weight
 lbs.   # of
 plies   Grade  Mill
 3mm 1/8"    11 lbs  3  6566  Toro / Joubert
 4mm 5/32"  13 lbs  3  BS1088  Joubert
 6mm 1/4"  21 lbs  5  BS1088      Joubert
 9mm 3/8"  31 lbs  5  BS1088   Joubert
 12mm 1/2"  42 lbs  7  BS1088  N/A
 18mm 3/4"  62 lbs  11  BS1088  N/A

Thanks!