[NYCkayaker] Powerboat Poker Run on Saturday -

Andy Anderson andy74a@gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 17:01:33 EDT 2013

I was out in the middle of the river just north of the TZ Bridge a few year
ago during one of these events. I thought I heard thunder, but it was four
"big boats going around really fast." They blew by on both sides of us and
were mighty noisy but they generated no wake...the only parts touching the
water were their propellers and, occasionally, small areas of their hulls.
More like aircraft than boats. As Bonnie and Sgt. Esterhaus say, "Be
careful out there."
Fair winds, Andy A