[NYCkayaker] Free kayaking classes

Susan Windle theq63@aol.com
Fri Jun 14 14:06:05 EDT 2013

Hi All

Next Wednesday, the Downtown Boathouse will begin our Wednesday evening summer class series. All classes are free and open to the public. Classes are held at our main Pier 96 location, which is located in Hudson River Park at W 56th Street, and run from 6 to 8 pm, weather permitting.

I'd like to invite all interested paddlers to my Local Conditions class next Wednesday June 19 at 6 pm. It's a land-based class helpful for new paddlers, or paddlers who are new to the area. Most of our classes start on land and then transition to the water, but this class is more of a lecture, with plenty of opportunities to ask specific questions. I'll cover topics such as unique challenges to paddling NY Harbor (including avoiding danger zones), navigating vessel traffic, understanding tides, currents and the Eldridge guide, weather, wind, waves and a host of related topics.

I look forward to seeing some of you there! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Best,
Su Windle

Sent from my iPhone