[NYCkayaker] Paddling to the Hawaiian Liberty Challenge

Sandra Sobanski dragonsandy1@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 13:07:54 EDT 2013

I would not be surprised if the Hudson River Park Trust totally screwed the community once more by promising a free community kayak boathouse be returned to that spot, make the DTBH spend much time designing it-and then hand it over to a group like the NY Outriggers that serves a chosen few
a year....rather than a putting thousands of people on the river for free each year.
I'll never forget attending a community board meeting where the head of their group said the kids could look at their trophies as one of the examples of giving back.
The Trust can not finish the boathouse... will not give out RFP's and now this move. but they can sure open it up for big events that pay their salaries.
They are making the park less and less a park- and more and more an expensive event space.
Better join the Outriggers now if you want to use the boathouse after this once a year event.