[NYCkayaker] Paddling to the Hawaiian Liberty Challenge

Sandra Sobanski dragonsandy1@yahoo.com
Sat Jun 22 20:04:09 EDT 2013

Obviously the dock and pier at 26 is good to go for kayaks then!!!  So-we all should just start using it!  Just use it! All season. Obviously-when it comes to recreation for the community rather than big money events-things will be delayed until the Trust flips the property into a constant paycheck maker for themselves. The  useless Trust is just going to keep doing things that pay their salaries and that lovely boathouse may end up in some private clubs hands if we don 't stay on this.
The Trust is just not about Park space anymore.   I think this should be addressed. time for RFP's already.
It looks like the dock and pier are good to go. It is ready to be used for a large amount of people that deserve it. The  dock and Pier can handle those big outriggers. Thanks to The Trust  and NYO-we don't have to a avoid  landing and launching at Pier 26. Maybe it was a moment to keep us on guard to save the boathouse from falling into a small private boating club's hands.

On Jun 22, 2013, at 5:25 PM, j.duffy1@rcn.com wrote:

> If the Hudson River Park Trust thought there was room for both, the DTBH would be providing free kayaking at the boathouse on Pier 26 while the outriggers had their race.

>>> 9:15AM - 11:15AM
>>> 12:30PM - 2:15PM
>>> You are free to dock and launch your craft anytime
>> outside of these times.
>>>
>>> The Liberty Festival closes at 5:00PM and we need to
>> clear Pier 26 by 5:30PM
>>> .
>>>
>>> We really hope you can join us to cheer on the crews
>> who have traveled so
>>> far. Even if you can't join us at the pier, we
>> encourage you to cheer them
>>> on anywhere along the race course and show them that
>> New Yorkers really
>>> aren't as bad as people think we are.
>>>
>>> We look forward to seeing you this Saturday.
>>>
>>> Keith Tsang
>>> Hawaiian Airlines Liberty Challenge
>>> Hosted by New York Outrigger
>>>
>>> www.libertychallenge.org