[NYCkayaker] Marine Radio Recommendations

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 12:15:31 EDT 2013

HarborLAB uses Standard Horizon's floating, submersible radios:

http://harborlab.org/2013/04/22/thanks-to-ny-waterway-for-marine-radios/

Same kind I raised funds for the LIC Community Boathouse to buy earlier.
I've long loved the brand, but Chris Schiffner brought the floating aspect
to the list's attention. You can also get them with GPS.

While I got ours in black because of availability, when getting a marine
radio I recommend seeking a bright color or silver for easier spotting if
dropped. Some floating models also automatically light up when afloat.

Erik

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Cliff <22cliff@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm looking for recommendations for a marine radio to use on my kayak.
>
> Cliff

The 2011 Greenest New
Yorker<http://thebeat.iloveny.com/i-love-new-york-announces-the-2011-greenest-nyer-3604.html>
!

LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING!
Founder, HarborLAB
http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB

FREE APPLE TREES!
Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration
www.newtownpippin.org

FREE KAYAKING!
Founder, LIC Community Boathouse
www.licboathouse.org