[NYCkayaker] Marine Radio Recommendations

Mark Handy nycmhandy@yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 13:28:54 EDT 2013

Happy with my Icom M34, which floats but doesn't light up.  My previous Icom, an M79, doesn't float (didn't float).  I tether my radio, and I wish Icom provided a bigger tether point.

I paid the premium for Icom because their battery is reputed to last longest and be most reliable.  I haven't confirmed that for myself, except to note that it holds a charge very well over months of non-use.

Mark