[NYCkayaker] kayaker in the shipping channel under the VZ bridge

stevepete64@aol.com stevepete64@aol.com
Thu Jun 27 21:47:48 EDT 2013

I kayak under the VZ fairly often ,and It's always been a very popular location for fishing boats to drift

with the ebb or flood tide from the Bay Ridge flats along the Narrows ,pullin in Fluke and Blackfish to

name a few .In the last few years there has been a veritable Boom in Kayak fishing and so your

seeing or at least I've been seeing more and more fishing kayaks anchored in or using drift anchors

under the VZ . Usually the ones I see are not right in the channel like this person was but off either the

Staten Island side VZ piling or the Brooklyn side . Kayak fishing is one of the fastest growing

activities/sports in the U.S. today . Perhaps some of these people do not take the kayaking aspect

of the sport as serious as they should .