[NYCkayaker] pier 40 meeting

Elizabeth Powers elizabethmpowers@yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 13:32:38 EST 2013

As usual, the New York Times is trying to have it both ways. Deep in its heart, it probably loves kiddie soccer. Probably half its editors and writers have kids who play. Imagine its reaction if this were being done north of 125th Street.

________________________________
 From: "bonnie13@earthlink.net" <bonnie13@earthlink.net>
To: Nancy Brous <nbrous@gmail.com>; nyckayaker** <nyckayaker@rockandwater.net>
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2013 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [NYCkayaker] pier 40 meeting

Dan Thaler had posted a link to a good writeup of what's going on there in response to something I'd said on the HRWA facebook page after attending the meeting. Tough situation there - I feel very bad for the folks who are boating there & stuck in the middle. I was at the meeting and I know others were but for those who weren't, you might find this to be interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/nyregion/assemblywoman-deborah-glicks-battle-against-housing-at-a-pier-in-hudson-river-park.html?smid=pl-share