[NYCkayaker] Introduction - New Commodore of Inwood Canoe Club

Janet Handy nycjeliza@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 13 21:53:09 EDT 2013

Many of you may be familiar with Inwood Canoe Club - the little red boathouse on the Hudson between the GW and the mouth of the Harlem.  In operation since 1902, ICC has a long history of promoting both recreational and competitive paddling, particularly to our neighbors in Inwood/Washington Heights.  Currently, we run a public walk-up kayak program - called Open House - during the summer (10 am - 12 pm, Sundays from Memorial to Labor Day weekends).

I was recently elected Commdore and wanted to introduce myself to all of you.  I am eager for ICC to work with our fellow boathouses and water organizations to promote human-powered boating, water safety and improved water quality.  To that end, I welcome one and all to contact me back channel with any ideas you may have.  We are a small Club with limited resources, but I believe we have much to offer the wider boating community.

It almost might interest some of you that ICC recently signed a five year License with the Parks Department - a first for us!

I look forward to meeting those of you I haven't met already,

Janet Handy
Commodore
Inwood Canoe Club
inwoodcanoeclub.com