[NYCkayaker] Administrivia: please don't send bare links

April T at_nyc@hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 21:49:48 EDT 2013

5. You have savy recepients like me ;-), who doesn't open ANY e-mail that has but only a link without comment!

If you don't feel excited enough about it to tell me what it's all about, it's probably not worth my time to open it!

> Rich Kulawiec rsk@rockandwater.net
> Fri Mar 15 12:27:10 EDT 2013

4. As you've all probably observed, there's a major security and spam
problem at several freemail providers -- notably Yahoo.  If you look
at the messages these account hijackers are sending out, you'll notice
that many of them feature: bare links.  Thus if you send out messages
like that, you're making your messages look like spam.  That's not a
good move, doubly so given some of the countermeasures being contemplated
or already in place.