[NYCkayaker] {NYCWTA} Natural shoreline strengthening? | HarborLAB

Erik Baard erikbaard@gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 20:58:04 EDT 2013

Last on this topic. Found this useful link on shoreline stabilization using
natural methods:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/67096.html

Erik

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Erik Baard <erikbaard@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
> HarborLAB is considering ways it might strengthen its waterfront without
> bulkhead work. One solution is, of course, plantings. We prefer indigenous
> species that might serve to also provide habitat.
>
> Given that some of you might have similar goals, I'm sharing this.
>
> NY State DEC Forester Garrett Koplun provided the list of salt-tolerant
> native plants linked below, plus added insights. My chief partner at New
> York Restoration Project writes that this list jibes with his.
>
> http://harborlab.org/2013/03/26/natural-shoreline-strengthening/
>
> Best regards,
>
> Erik Baard
>
> Sent from my Windows Phone
>
> --

The 2011 Greenest New
Yorker<http://thebeat.iloveny.com/i-love-new-york-announces-the-2011-greenest-nyer-3604.html>
!

LEARNING ADVENTURE BOATING!
Founder, HarborLAB
http://www.facebook.com/HarborLAB

FREE APPLE TREES!
Founder, Newtown Pippin Restoration and Celebration
www.newtownpippin.org

FREE KAYAKING!
Founder, LIC Community Boathouse
www.licboathouse.org