[NYCkayaker] SUP's and pfd's - citations issued

bonnie13@earthlink.net bonnie13@earthlink.net
Wed May 15 15:11:38 EDT 2013

Thanks for the note about the lifejacket requirements for SUP's, I hadn't heard that and if I'd been asked I think I would said "Really good idea to wear but not sure it's actually required".

I'm really sort of floored that people could think it would be OK to just paddle out and land on Liberty Island, though. Did they mean to or did they just get messed up with currents and scramble for the first place they could make it to shore?